Katherine, self-proclaimed “Cheif Minion to the Goats,” owns and runs her family’s small livestock farm in the metropolitan area of Central Ohio. Harrison Farm focuses on celebrations, animals, and teaching. The mission of the farm is to connect people with animals and farming. She raises primarily sheep, goats, and chickens. On her farm, she hosts numerous agritourism events including Goat Yoga, on-farm dinners, private events, and educational tours.
In this episode you’ll find:
– the history of a 13 generation family farm
– the story behind the events hosted at Harrison Farms
– learn about the experience of goat yoga
– the challenges faced by farmers and agritourism business owners during COVID-19 and the unique solutions found to overcome them
– insight on the value of mentorship in agriculture
Learn more about Harrison Farms at Harrisonfarm13.com
Rate, Review, and Follow!
Use code PODCAST when you create your account and you’ll receive $100 in HitchPin credits that can be applied to your transaction fees!
The views, information, or opinions expressed during the Plow and Pencil podcast are solely those of the individuals involved and do not necessarily represent those of HitchPin nor it’s employees. This podcast is provided for informational and entertainment purposes only. Enjoy!